Saturday, June 23, 2018

WHEN I THINK OF HER

Bell of listless evenings I wait
For her, of the quiet motions
That settle back into the countryside 
Of peace, & of forgiveness
The wheel gyring in the air
I hear the cicadas call at sunset,
Search for a place of repose 

Walking quickly with a hope
Of better days, to remember
A past self, & to realize I am
The same, in quiet longings 
Evenings that stretch in the
Sun, this life in all its complexities 
I long for freedom, for a lang-
uage that breathes my pain,
In the hours fringed with lilac

I’m attracted to her in the
Springtime of youth, the fullness
Of her words, & her smile

Today the streets are wet
With rain, the cycles
That call from the depths,
& the trees that line
Our paths, I must step
Forth in these trials
That push & pull, for it is freedom
I desire, the lakeside a
Quiet lull in the linnet
Air

No comments:

Post a Comment