Saturday, November 11, 2017

DOES SHE REMEMBER THE AUTUMN

The day spreads before me, the rose of her sex.
& we move through these stages of metamorphosis
in a present, all-inclusive of past, & future.  & see
the people pass by in the city, the stream that lifts
before us in the hours that call in the night.  I had
seen the woman child move through the air,
a sprite, & wished to give her every freedom. 
The chill air of autumn.  The red, & purple leaves
that dance.
It was the sting of trials we had moved through, in the amber
light, beginnings of some faint music that leads us
through the fires.  I watched the flame in her eyes
dance to some invisible rhythm, &
kept wondering when they would say yes, when
they would accept the Son, as he was reborn
to us in our age.  & it was then I realized,
looking at the people, this wasn’t it.  This was
not the way to live.  & so, I waited for the
slow acceptance of her limbs, the trail of silk
that slipped almost soundlessly
through the air.  Waiting for the affirmation of all that was sublime
in life, instead of some incessant denial.  &
please, do not think that I have forgotten, or
that I do not know.  Still there was that question,
if she had remembered, though in her eyes
it was certain she had loved you.  Looking
at the people, I found they had no
poetry in them, but the woman child was alive
with a light, & her elastic limbs
dance in
the darkened light.  I begin again, my
lungs healthy, & clear.  I inhale the
fresh clean air a moment.  In realization
that I wanted to live.  It had been
bad blood all the while, yet why these
continual frictions, when you yourself were
so carefree?  Was it that
our people had forsaken God, as they
had forsaken the Son long ago?  I still   
question, in the daylight hours, while
my mind is clear.  & I see without occlusion,
the way things truly are.     

No comments:

Post a Comment