Tuesday, November 8, 2016

EVENING FACE

The clink of cut-glass disturbs
a silence I held by the tip of a 
string, & beads of distillation
form at the fringes we had
captured in a prismic-cage, I’m  
led through corridors darken-
ed with a flicker
                          of intimation... 
Yes, we had taken part in that
vast remembrance, spanning
over the course of some immeas-
urable gap, flashing in a pulse
of light across waves…  Evening   
spins, I see coins drop in dusk,
& my life, a show of absurdism
at last-light...  Green of moss,
glaze of daydreams fading in the
evening...  Time ellipses, a  
lengthening road spirals from
the stones.  & so we take in
the astringent air...
                            I see sparks
burst on the pavement, & im-
merse myself in churning-waves,
the silences we found behind
our lives...  I think of all that
had transpired, the cityscape 
flashing, as I return to myself... 

No comments:

Post a Comment