Tuesday, September 20, 2016

SEASONS LAYER UPON SILENCE

Bitter, the tea leaves floating in the distance.
I think I hear you, but I don’t hear you…
said a woman’s voice, & the dark-showers, the muted-light
that quivered, liquid-stations, waiting for
hours it seemed, & for what purpose?  There
was something refused-to-change…
I observe the blossoms, a distant-drift
in winds I nearly confuse for snow,
the motions lift in reiterations.  It got hit…   
said a man’s voice, & I, here in the
midst…  The faded greys of the station
& the deep-red of a police-box.  The autumn
hung there listless as the last-leaves
clinging to a branch.  & then they shot me with the invisible-dart...   
It seemed almost to make sense, thinking
back on our history, the fragments
of speech-swirling in distant-elms, ever
that tinge of having done this before, & yet here
is something new: a girl sees
me looking, bands up her hair, w/
eyes-bright, the soft-light of the café
cascades in lucid-streams
she loosens & tosses to one side...  
A slouchy-sweater dangles over her tank-top
& a sweet-silent communic-
ation takes place.  Her eyes-smile
& the past distills into a
moment’s breath…  Right here,
I said, but had she heard
me?  Right now

No comments:

Post a Comment