Wednesday, August 31, 2016

THERE WAS A CALMNESS IN THE PINES

I saw the shrine flicker in the distance like a ghost
the motor’s intonation floating through
air like glass, or white-horsemen who approach in heat-haze  
& the fear came back
a stone-upon-the-water
(I saw birds
trailing into silence)
& the white-figures swept past desolations          
as blue-shadows played upon-the-screen, enigmas    
I knew it then & often reminisce
the red-siphons that pulse in dark-rooms
the summer-rains that burned
my eyes like tears, I saw the egrets
lift from
waters-of-stillness, where leaves flutter
in winds that singed-your
skin, & the beginnings of something-criptic                          
I was on the floor when the eagles tore
the carcass from our hope, swept downstream in those currents
that siphon sand from your soles 
thirteen years, & the mystics disappear        
I saw the shrine-quiver in light-that-filters-down   
the sirens winding through courtyards          
I bore the
sigil of an incision
that erased a single-word                           
who was it that insists without-a-face
(I saw birds-dissolve-in-cypress) 
who was it that refused to ever change

No comments:

Post a Comment